Thursday, January 19, 2012

Quilt Project Wip (Block #1)

Yes, I'm done hand embroidering Block #1!
(picture below shows just before beginning to stitch)
I received the Sulky cotton thread 12wt a couple of days ago
and I'm so glad I got it. In the picture below you can appreciate
that the Finca perle cotton #8 was a bit to thick (at least to my liking)
for the tiny delicate lines of the small patterns I will be embroidering.
I was not able to finish it before sunset -you know how it
goes when you run a house and have progeny ;-)- but was glad
that at least it got done today.
I trimmed a bit of the excess Fabri-Solvy and was going to 
rinse it off but since I didn't pre-wash the pre-cut strips of fabric
I thought that perhaps I will just rinse them all
together after assembling the quilt top.
 What a cute teddy!
Bunny will be next... hopefully tomorrow will have it done.
I was going to stitch everything in dark brown but decided to
stitch the flowers in coordinating colors. 
The hand embroidery stitches I used on this teddy are:
straight stitch, lazy daisy (aka: detach chain stitch),
back stitch, fly stitch and satin stitch.
Besides the Sulky 12wt brown thread I also used
other threads from my stash: 
DMC Danish green flower thread (a non divisible fine matte cotton thread),
Cotton Floché in yellow and 1 strand of good old DMC in blue.
If you missed the beginning of this quilt project, perhaps 
you may want to take a look here.
Detail information on floché, flower thread and perle cotton
by Mary C. at Needle-n-Thread here.
@--}------
PS=(Dd loves her embellished turtle neck shirt. She right
away tried it on and ran to her mirror. What a nice feeling! 
I forgot to take a picture of it finished before she put it in her 
room and she is sleeping now so photo for later ;-). She is
wearing it tomorrow for school.)

4 comments:

  1. oh that bear is so darling! can't wait to see the others!

    you are so adventurous with thread. i still only just use DMC floss, but i separate the strands as i like stitching with 2 strands.

    ReplyDelete
  2. bwb... thanks! It's fun to play with different threads... you should try it ;-)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there Sis! Hope you enjoyed the Memorial. :) I have a question for you. I'm setting out to make my DS an embroidered quilt & this looks like the perfect "starter" pattern. :) Can you tell me what pattern you're using (or just what size to cut the strips?) I'm completely clueless. :)
    ~Jenna @ Seamstress in Training

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi J.! Just emailed you about this, hopefully you received it. Lmk if you didn't.

      Delete

When I reply, I normally do so here among your comments ;-).
Do to my limited free time I am not always able to keep up and/or reply to each comment. Thanks for your understanding and...
Thanks for stopping by!!!
Comment Moderation Always On:
Anonymous/Advertising/Spam comments will not be posted.

These may also interest you:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...