Pages

Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Vintage Beauty

Are you captivated by the beauty of vintage linens? I certainly am, especially to hand embroidered ones. Browsing on Etsy I found this set of vintage towels that I just couldn't resist.
Mrs. Nancy (at GypsyGeranium on Etsy) packed these beauties very carefully and beautifully, shipped them promptly too. Excellent customer service! I can't wait to start displaying these lovely towels on my future kitchen (can't speak much about that for now). I really need to find a "partner in crime" that wouldn't get bored hunting down pretties like these ones on thrift shops, estate sales, etc. . For now I may have to splurge online, here and there when I see something that gets my attention. I'm specifically looking for floral designs or a combination of floral with kitchen utensils like these ones, nothing anthropomorphic for the ones that will be dedicated only for displaying. 
I also like bluework, and redwork, like the hanky above which I stitched sometime ago.
My time is so limited at the moment, however I'm planning to start embroidering some new towels with vintage patterns probably this coming fall. Maybe. At some point... I hope!
For now the current in progress projects must see some progress... can't get motivated enough to keep going, but I must! 
May also choose to do a set of towels with the cooking/kitchen design from several DOW (Days Of the Week) embroidery patterns. When in the kitchen, glancing at my oven's door displaying an embroidered towel, I must certainly do not want to be reminded of all the other chores that need to get done ;-). 

Remember Mrs. Laundry Hen? She hasn't make it into a towel 'cause of that same reason.  Interestingly most DOW embroidery transfers have Laundry on Mondays. I've been doing laundry on Mondays since getting married, what a coincidence! What about you? Which embroidery designs catch your attention?

Until next time!