Sunday, May 14, 2017

Throwback: Vintage Patterns

Wasn't able to take pictures of the new decorative towels made with vintage embroidery, neither was able to squeeze time for stitching. This is why I'm posting a little throwback to some vintage patterns that although intended for pillowcases, they will look lovely on kitchen towels as well. 

Things have been hectic with the move and all that it entails, plus I've been having a few rough days.
Thankfully every time we brought boxes we emptied them practically right away, so not that many left. Our new place is smaller and with an open concept, so it is taking a bit to figure out how to arrange certain things. I'm loving not having to go up and down stairs! My knee joints get so stiff that I look like a robot with no knee joints coming down our previous home's stairs.

Maybe by next Sunday I'll be able to take some pictures of the towels and post them, hopefully. In the meantime I leave you with these pictures, taken last year, of some of the vintage Vogart embroidery transfers from my collection. 
Hoping y'all are doing well!
Till next time!

2 comments:

  1. These are all so pretty! I especially liked the one with the curved borders. I know whatever you make from them will be lovely. I'm in the process of trying to transfer vintage designs to dishtowels. Do they even make carbon paper any more? I have transfer pencils but have never had good results using them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! When I use transfer pencils, I make sure I sharpen it a bit, trace the design onto 'tracing paper' using the transfer pencil, then iron the fabric to warm it up, then iron the tracing on the fabric. Have you tried using an iron on transfer pen instead of a pencil? They are pricier than a pencil (about $6.50 each), but personally I think the ink transfers easier, and I use tracing paper or regular printer/copier paper with them. Connecting Threads have a few on sale (3.99 each) at the moment, I got a couple, to have handy in our new place (since I forgot to put aside the one I already had, and packed it... those boxes won't be open for few months :-/ ) . They are made by Sublime Stitching, also available on their website, and other online shops. They come in: red, green, orange, blue & black. Personally I think the blue & black show the most.
      I used the iron on pen on this post:
      http://bitsofstitching.blogspot.com/2016/11/busy-bee-and-vintage-puppy.html
      Sorry for the super long reply ;-).

      Delete

When I reply, I normally do so here among your comments ;-).
Do to my limited free time I am not always able to keep up and/or reply to each comment. Thanks for your understanding and...
Thanks for stopping by!!!
(Advertising/Spam comments will not be posted.)

These may also interest you:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...